Ireland

Ireland
Blarney Castle

Friday, April 2, 2010

Fairy Tales

"Fairy tales" may come true; but until they do, women are strong enough to continue as they find their own way. When they're scared the most, that's when they find the strength.

When I was little, Disney movies were always a family favorite. The "fairy tale" and the "happily ever after" themes were displayed in everything from television shows to movies to oral traditions being spoken for night-time stories. What Disney fails to show children, is that women can be perfectly fine without a strong relationship for most of their lives. I believe that men and women complement each other. I believe that Disney movies show girls how to be strong; however, at the same time, show them that love happens quickly. As a young woman, I have fallen in love and seen it taken away in one fell swoop. This trip was made much harder due to this recent heartbreak.

I thought that I had found love. I was ready to wait for him and stay with him forever. I was mistaken, dear readers. This love I had found was only one way. To him, I became just a friend and he broke my heart in the nicest way he could. He has taken my crying and my pain right along with his and has actually helped me a bit in attempting to accept this new phase of my life. I know I was in love and I know my heart was broken. However, I know that I am strong and I know that I need to find myself again.

Disney should teach girls this: to be a strong-willed women who know that the man of their life may or may not come in the prime of their lives, that women need to find themselves and discover who they want to be in life before they are ready for marriage, and that rediscovering themselves after a heartbreak doesn't always have to be as grim, painful, and upsetting as it seems to be. The story behind Disney movies is that women need to be strong and that they will find love. The fact that the love happens to princesses and when they are young, is just a "fairy tale." I will always love the Disney classics, I will always follow my heart as it has told me so many times to do, and I will always look for the right man in my life. One day, maybe Disney will show off a woman that doesn't find a man; although upsetting, it may not be as bad as it sounds in the long run. Girls would at least know that it is okay and that they themselves will move on. I know this from my own experience, no matter how hard I am hurting, but others may not.

To be broken-hearted in Ireland is truly a blessing. The daily activities keep my mind off of it and its beauty has helped in my recovery. It helps to feel relaxed and on a bit of vacation. It has been almost a week since things ended for me and my past love. However, I feel better every day...and I hope every woman in the same situation will as well. Although I am scared for my future and bawling over my past, right now I am strong and know that I am blessed to be in such a gorgeous country away from the pain.

This blog may seem random, but I have looked back to Disney movies, the classics, since I was little as a comfort and I have listen to their songs for strength. These movies are more than just child entertainment, they are inspirational.

This is what I now know: I'm like...
90% sure I would have married him
85% sure that it would have lasted if we tried
70% sure that I will be able to be friends with him still because i need him in my life...I think
90% sure that I will love again
50% sure that I won't cry tonight
80% sure that in a couple weeks time I will only cry randomly
75% sure that I will think of him often and for months
90% sure that I will be able to date again within a year
90% sure that I'm getting stronger every day
80% sure that I will return home and cry all over again
90% sure that I would have made him so happy if he had given us a chance
90% sure that I know he did what he had to do
95% sure that I understand him
90% sure that he got scared after he told me he wanted to marry me
90% sure that I will find love again and move on.
85% sure that I will continue to learn more about myself and my inner-strength from this
100% sure that I will never regret falling in love with him.

Anastasia: "Journey to the Past"

"Heart don't fail me now
Courage don't desert me
Don't turn back now that we're here
People always say
Life is full of choices
No one ever mentions fear
Or how a road can seem so seem so vast

On a journey to the past

Somewhere down this road
I know some one's waiting
Years of dreams just can't be wrong
Arms will open wide
I'll be safe and wanted
Finally home where I belong
Well starting now, I'm learning fast

On this journey to the past

Home, love, family
There was once a time
I must have had them too
Home, love, family
I will never be complete until I find you

One step at a time
One hope then another
Who knows where this road may go
Back to who I was
Onto find my future
Things my heart still needs to know
Yes, let this be a sign
Let this road be mine
Let it lead me to my past
And bring me home
At Last"

No comments:

Post a Comment