I am an American college student in Ireland. For the next 10 weeks, I will study and travel in a hope to experience not only part of my personal history, but gain a better understanding of the world. I also hope to gain good experiences to broaden my horizons and be able to attempt (for I will only be able to skim the surface in giving it justice) to describe Ireland's beauty and promises to those at home in America.
Home is described in many ways. Home could be where one lives and has family, the country and patriotism one feels, or in my case, the link between my ancestors and myself.
One reason I chose 'Going Home' as the title of my Blog was to emphasize my heritage and express my particular thoughts and emotions of traveling to such an amazing country. Ireland is a part of my ancestors and therefore myself. I am yearning to investigate my heritage and find out more about my history. I came to Ireland knowing that not only will this gorgeous country be my home for the next 10 weeks, but it has always been my home. This trip will hopefully help me find what I am looking for; part of my past, my present, and my future.

No comments:
Post a Comment