Ireland

Ireland
Blarney Castle

Monday, March 15, 2010

Lismore Castle


















Castles, not princesses, were my thing growing up. In books and movies, a castle always became center stage to me. I used to imagine, not that I was royal, but that I could live in such a wondrous place filled with adventure inside and peaceful grounds out. A place where I could read a book on a giant landscaped field or sit in the gardens and write short stories. My fabricated tales almost always included a castle and even though I had never visited a one until this weekend, I knew I would feel more peaceful there than anywhere. I used to joke around with my friends that I was born in the wrong era. I could always picture myself ballroom dancing (after I learn to of course) in those heavy dresses and relaxing on castle grounds all day...but then again, couldn't everybody?

Today my group visited Lismore Castle! It was amazing and I had every emotion and feeling I had ever dreamt of! I felt so relaxed, yet had time for small wanderings and picture opportunity adventures. The Castle was beautiful and we went on a perfect day! It was high tea in the Castle and for a small price we listened to its history while sipping delicious Irish tea with a butler on call! I had a blast, as I'm sure the whole group did! We then paraded around the Castle grounds and took a ton of pictures! The feeling that I got from just being on the Castle property was indescribable and breathtaking. I wish to go back there on my own time to just sit and read.



Twirling, yes twirling, was my favorite "Kodak" moment of the day. Not only fun, this move is a winner of hearts and fantastic photo opportunities of smiling faces and relaxing times. We spent all day at the Castle, taking pictures mostly. I absolutely loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment