
St. Patrick's Day in Ireland was amazing! We participated in a flag raising ceremony, Catholic mass, a parade, and Irish fun! I brought up the gifts at mass. The church was gorgeous! And although most of it was in Irish, we could still easily follow along. It was a great experience to be part of such a beautiful mass service on such an important day in their country!
The parade was beautiful and reminded me of movies. My group and I were honored to be in the parade right behind the Mayor! Once we reached the stage, we were welcomed up on it to watch the rest of the parade! I even saw the elderly, that I had visited last Friday, dancing and singing on their float!
We were then escorted to a wonderful lunch at the town's Sailing Club! It was a traditional Irish meal with potatoes, cabbage, carrots, and ham! It was delicious! We followed it up with a drink to St. Patrick! Although, we all arrived back home by 11pm, it was a great day and night; one that will be remembered forever!
The parade was beautiful and reminded me of movies. My group and I were honored to be in the parade right behind the Mayor! Once we reached the stage, we were welcomed up on it to watch the rest of the parade! I even saw the elderly, that I had visited last Friday, dancing and singing on their float!
We were then escorted to a wonderful lunch at the town's Sailing Club! It was a traditional Irish meal with potatoes, cabbage, carrots, and ham! It was delicious! We followed it up with a drink to St. Patrick! Although, we all arrived back home by 11pm, it was a great day and night; one that will be remembered forever!

No comments:
Post a Comment